Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLaG)
We provide acute hospital services and community services to a population of more than 450,000 people across a wide geographical area which includes North and North East Lincolnshire, East Riding of Yorkshire and West and East Lindsey.
We have three hospitals:
- Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital in Grimsby
- Scunthorpe General Hospital
- Goole and District Hospital.
We also deliver community services in North Lincolnshire.
The Trust was established as a combined hospital and community Trust on April 1 2001 by the merger of North East Lincolnshire NHS Trust and Scunthorpe and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust. We achieved Foundation Trust status on May 1 2007 and on April 1 2011 we took over community services in North Lincolnshire under the Transforming Community Services agenda. In 2013 we dropped the word ‘hospitals’ from our name to reflect that we offer a wide range of services out in the community as well as at our three hospitals.
We are currently rated ‘requires improvement’ by the CQC and we have been and continue to be on a long journey of improvement, having previously being rated as inadequate.
We are embarking on an exciting £130 million capital funding programme to overhaul our estate and the facilities we offer patients. This includes two new A&Es, a £40 million investment in a greener future and an upgrade to our critical infrastructure. We have recently invested heavily in our diagnostic capability with new MRI and CT scanners and are putting digital at the forefront of what we do, having recently rolled out electronic prescribing, digital appointment letters and virtual consultations.
Our core values of kindness, courage and respect are at the heart of everything we do and were chosen by our staff. Find out more about what they mean to us and our promise to you.
Our core values are kindness, courage and respect. Every member of our staff has committed to embodying these values, the ethos behind them and the behaviours associated with them.
We believe kindness is shown by caring as we would care for our loved ones.
- I will be compassionate, courteous, and helpful at all times
- I will be empathetic, giving my full and undivided attention
- I will show I care by being calm, professional and considerate at all times
We believe courage is the strength to do things differently and stand up for what’s right
- I will be positively involved in doing things differently to improve our services
- I will challenge poor behaviour when I see it, hear it or feel it.
- I will speak up when I see anything which concerns me
We believe respect is having due regard for the feelings, contribution and achievements of others
- I will be open and honest and do what I say
- I will listen to and involve others so we can be the best we can be
- I will celebrate and appreciate the successes of others